Youth Benefit Concert Auditions:
The Youth Benefit Concert provides young, aspiring musicians from our community with an opportunity to audition and perform in front of a larger audience. All participants are also invited to attend a masterclass with a Young Concert Artist.
This year’s Youth Benefit Concert will take place on May 17, 2022 at Weber State University’s Allred Theatre. It will feature Young Concert Artist Anthony Trionfo and local, young musicians of all skill levels selected through an audition process. Apply now to participate in this unique experience!
- Registration Forms due April 9, 2022
- Auditions on Saturday, April 16, 2022 at Val A. Browning Center
- Applicants will receive their audition date & time via email
- Masterclass with Anthony Trionfo on May 16 at Val A. Browning Center
- Youth Benefit Concert on May 17 at Weber State University
- Open to all instruments and vocalists ages 8-17
- Open to Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced Students (Students from each skill level will be selected to perform.)
- May be limited to first 60 registrants, so don’t delay!
WEBFORM APPLICATION (apply online)
2022 Youth Benefit Concert Audition Rules
Application Deadline: April 9, 2022
Audition Date: April 16, 2022
Youth Benefit Concert: May 17, 2022
- The Youth Benefit Concert Auditions are open to students & ensembles in Northern Utah ages 8-17 studying a musical instrument or voice.
- The Auditions will take place in-person on Saturday, April 16, 2022 at Weber State University. There is no charge to audition or perform.
- The Youth Benefit Concert takes place on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at Weber State University. Students selected for the concert will perform the piece they auditioned with.
- Audition Applicants must be 17 or younger before May 17, 2022.
- Audition Applications must be submitted to Onstage Ogden on or before April 9, 2022. Applications may be submitted online through mail-in form, or via online.
- Audition Applicants must be available to perform, if selected, at the Youth Benefit Concert on May 17, 2022 at Weber State University.
- All Audition Applicants must be available to audition on Saturday, April 16th. Applicants will be assigned a 10-minute time slot between 9am-3pm.
- Audition Applicants will be notified of their audition time via email. Slots will be assigned in the order applications are received.
- Audition Applicants will be judged against others of their same level rather than age or school grade. The levels are as follows:
Beginner Level: Students who have played their instruments for 1-3 years. Audition pieces must be less than 3 minutes in length.
Intermediate Level: Students who have played their instruments for 4-6 years. Audition pieces must be less than 5 minutes in length.
Advanced Level: Students who have played their instruments for 7+ years. Audition pieces must be less than 8 minutes in length.
- Audition Applicants must audition with the same piece that they plan to play in the Youth Benefit Concert on May 17, 2022, if selected.
- Audition pieces must adhere to the time limits as listed above. If a student auditions a piece that is longer than this time limit, they will be cut off and they will not be considered. Please note judges may also ask applicants to cut to a cadenza or to cut early due to time constraints.
- Students are strongly encouraged to memorize their pieces.
- Students may audition as an ensemble but ensembles are limited to groups of up to 6 students. All ensemble members must meet the above age criteria. Level will be based on the most experienced member of the ensemble.
- Audition Applicants must provide their own accompaniment if necessary. Pianos will be available in audition rooms.
- Due to time and space limitations, Audition Applications may be capped at 60 students. Therefore, it is recommended that Applications be submitted as early as possible.
- Students will receive constructive feedback following their audition.
- Students selected to perform in the Youth Benefit Concert will receive 4 complimentary tickets to the concert, and 4 complimentary tickets to Utah Symphony: Patriotic Pops at Snowbasin.
- All students who audition will be invited to attend a special Reception & Masterclass with Young Concert Artist, Anthony Trionfo on May 16, 2022.
- Students are also encouraged to apply for the Jean L. Pell Music Scholarship. Scholarship recipients are chosen independently from Youth Benefit Concert performances.